Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gluten Free Cake



I just wanted to take the time to spotlight one of the many fabulous businesses in My Business Directory.

Cakes & Confections by Tena Heiskell 502-827-1066

Recently I find myself at restaurants asking if the French Fries are fried in a separate fryer, if I can get a hamburger with no bun, and ordering everything plain. My daughter has to avoid wheat, rye, and barley. Being Gluten free is keeping her feeling healthy. In case you didn’t know, gluten is in about everything. So we have been trying new food, experimenting with new ingredients and still most items don’t taste the greatest. October is birthday month in our family. Being new to all this we knew finding a birthday cake she could eat that everyone at the party would eat was going to be a difficult challenge. If you search “Gluten Free Birthday Cakes” you get very few website that you can order from. Most I found were plain round cakes priced $50 and higher. Tena has been making cakes for my family for years. I emailed her in hopes she had possibly heard of a gluten free cake. We were excited to find out she knew exactly what I was talking about. The birthday party was a success. Everyone loved the cake. My daughter ate seven pieces that week. It wasn’t a plain round cake, it exactly what my daughter wanted and very reasonably priced.

So for all your cake needs: birthday, weddings, special occasions or special dietary needs. Call Tena and tell her Marsha sent you.

No comments: